Network+ Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers instructor-led Network+ training. The training can take place at our location in Farmington Hills, 20 miles outside of Detroit, onsite at your office anywhere throughout the United States, or if you prefer, instructor led live online.
CompTIA Network+ Certification training adds value to your IT or telecom skillset.
Network+ is a great course for people that need to gain a foundation in TCP/IP, subnetting, network operating systems, and security.
It is very helpful for people that want to take advanced Microsoft Server or Cisco router or switch network classes, but lack the basics of networking.
While there are no strict prerequisites, CompTIA recommends that people have A+ Certification or equivalent knowledge before taking a Network+ Certification class.
Some of the topics covered in this course, include:
- Introduction to networks.
- The Open Systems Interconnection Specifications.
- Networking Topologies, connectors and wiring standards.
- The Current Ethernet specifications.
- Networking devices.
- Introducing the Internet Protocol.
- IP addressing.
- IP subnetting, troubleshooting IP and introduction to NAT.
- Introduction to routing.
- Routing protocols.
- Switching and virtual Lans.
- Wireless technologies.
- Authentication and access control.
- Network threats and mitigation.
- Physical and hardware security.
- Wide area networking.
- Operating systems and command line tools.
- Software and hardware tools.
- Network troubleshooting.
- Management and optimization.
Learn more about future Network+ classes – get detailed course outlines, pricing information and enroll in upcoming Network+ classes.