Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers instructor-led Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) training, as well as other Agile and Scrum courses, through a partnership with Bob Sarni, a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer and Certified Enterprise Coach. Bob has extensive Agile training and coaching experience and has successfully taught PO and A-CSPO workshops.
In a pre-Covid world our training would take place at our location in the Farmington Hills/Novi area, 20 miles outside of Detroit, or at your location anywhere around the world. Our Agile workshops and Agile coaching sessions are now offered online/virtually, reducing your need to travel.
Note that while many CST’s fly into metro Detroit to deliver a class like the CSPO or A-CSPO, and then leave, we live here and support the local Agile community. We continue to sponsor regional Agile conferences and local Agile and Scrum meetups. We have strong ties to Agile companies in the metro Detroit area. We have successfully run this course and many other advanced workshops for teams all over the globe.
What is Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) training?
As a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), you’ve already been introduced to Scrum values, practices, and applications. You understand how to provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical product managers.
You understand that becoming Agile is a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
To further enhance your knowledge and skills, the next step is achieving an Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) certification from a Scrum Alliance authorized Certified Scrum Trainer. Our advanced workshop is ideal for a Certified Scrum Product Owner who has one or more years of work experience in that role.
Additional Benefits of taking our Advanced CSPO course
Participants are eligible for 16 PMI PDUs (Professional Development Units) and 16 Scrum Alliance SEUs.
Our next public Advanced-Certified Scrum Product Owner class is Thursday and Friday, May 19-20, 2022. The regular course fee is $1,295/student. Special 2022 early enrollment rate is now $995/student with enrollment prior to May 17. The A-CSPO credential is included in the course fee.
Group rates are available. Call us for information.
If you have at least 24 months of product owner experience you can also join us for our Certified Scrum Professional-Product Owner (CSP-PO) workshop.
Want an A-CSPO workshop for your team in Michigan? Or anywhere in the US….
Private classes for groups are available upon request. Call 248-489-0408 for details.
To be eligible for the A-CSPO certification you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be an existing CSPO in good standing with the Scrum Alliance
- Have at least 12+ months experience working as a Scrum Product Owner
This is an advanced class. Please come ready to participate, share your experiences, work hard, and have fun! There will be a pre-class homework assignment, which you must complete, so be sure to coordinate your schedule to allow time for this activity.
You will be required to attend the full workshop to earn the A-CSPO credential. If you feel like you may miss more than 30 minutes of the workshop you should plan on attending a future A-CSPO instructor led session.
For additional Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner Training class information or to request a class date contact Michigan Technology Services. 248-489-0408
Who should attend?
Scrum Product Owners, Agile coaches, consultants, program and project managers, facilitators, and technical leaders will all benefit by joining us and building upon their CSPO certification with the A-CSPO.
Recommended Experience for Participants
CSPO with 1+ years of experience
Through the A-CSPO course, you’ll learn to:
- Manage multiple business initiatives from competing stakeholders.
- Clearly order and express Product Backlog items.
- Define a clear product vision that ensures your product remains focused on the features your customers and end users will actually use.
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholder groups to achieve alignment.
- Identify the crucial opportunities and avoid wasting time.
- Define and validate business value.
- Increase your credibility as a product expert and become recognized as a person who delivers real business results.
- Build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced implementation skills
- Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace
- Stand out in your industry as a member of the Scrum Alliance globally-recognized community
- Show advanced value to your employer (or potential employer) as a highly trained Agile professional