Certified Scrum Professional Product Owner Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers instructor-led Certified Scrum Professional Product Owner (CSP-PO) training, as well as other Agile and Scrum courses, through a partnership with Anu Smalley, a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer and Certified Enterprise Coach. Anu has extensive Agile training and product coaching experience and has successfully taught numerous A-CSPO and CSP-PO workshops.
In a pre-Covid world our training would take place at our location in the Farmington Hills/Novi area, 20 miles outside of Detroit, or at your location anywhere around the world. Our Agile workshops and Agile coaching sessions are now offered online/virtually, reducing your need to travel.
Note that while many CST’s fly into metro Detroit to deliver a class like the CSPO or A-CSPO, and then leave, we live here and support the local Agile community. We continue to sponsor regional Agile conferences and local Agile and Scrum meetups. We have strong ties to Agile companies in the metro Detroit area. We have successfully run this course and many other advanced workshops for teams all over the globe.
What is Certified Scrum Professional Product Owner (CSP-PO) training?
Certified Scrum Professionals challenge their teams to improve the way Scrum and Agile principles are applied. They have demonstrated experience, documented training, and proven knowledge in Scrum.
Are you ready to take your knowledge and skillset in your role as Product Owner to the next level? If so, it’s time to elevate your career further by earning the Certified Scrum Professional®-Product Owner (CSP®-PO) certification.
Solidify your approaches for validating product assumptions, learn advanced interactions with customers and users and master advanced Product Backlog management.
Additional Benefits of taking our CSP-PO course
Participants are eligible for 16 PMI PDUs (Professional Development Units) and 16 Scrum Alliance SEUs.
Our next Certified Scrum Professional Product Owner class will be Monday and Tuesday, March 11-12, 2024. While the regular course fee is $1,495/student we are offering a special early enrollment rate of $1,295/student through February 26. The CSP-PO credential is included in the course fee.
Our following Certified Scrum Professional Product Owner class will be Monday and Tuesday, May 6-7, 2024. While the regular course fee is $1,495/student we are offering a special early enrollment rate of $1,295/student through April 22. The CSP-PO credential is included in the course fee.
Want an CSP-PO workshop for your team in Michigan? Or anywhere in the US….
Private classes for groups are available upon request. Call 248-489-0408 for details.
For additional Certified Scrum Professional Product Owner Training class information or to request a class date contact Michigan Technology Services. 248-489-0408
Who should attend this workshop?
Scrum Product Owners, Agile coaches, consultants, program and project managers, facilitators, and technical leaders will all benefit by joining us and building upon their CSPO and A-CSPO certification with the CSP-PO.
To be eligible for the CSP-PO certification you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be an existing A-CSPO in good standing with the Scrum Alliance
- Have at least 24+ months experience working as a Scrum Product Owner
This is an advanced class. Please come ready to participate, share your experiences, work hard, and have fun! There will be a pre-class homework assignment, which you must complete, so be sure to coordinate your schedule to allow time for this activity.
You will be required to attend the full workshop to earn the CSP-PO credential. If you feel like you may miss more than 30 minutes of the workshop you should plan on attending a future CSP-PO instructor led session.
To attend the CSP-PO training participants must have knowledge about Scrum and Agile, gained from training like the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) and Advanced Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) workshops, agile experience, or other forms of education.
To obtain the CSP-PO from the Scrum Alliance you must:
- Hold an Advanced Certified Product OwnerSM (A-CSPOSM) certification with Scrum Alliance.
- Attend a certified CSP-PO educational offering to gain advanced knowledge in implementing purpose and strategy, high level approaches for testing product assumptions and advanced techniques in Product Backlog management.
- Successfully complete all educator-designed components of an approved educational offering. This may include pre- or post-course work as deemed necessary by your approved educator to complete the learning objectives.
- You will be asked to accept the CSP-PO License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile.
- Validate at least 24 months of work experience specific to the role of Product Owner (from within the past five years).
To maintain your CSP-PO after obtaining it you must earn Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and renewing your certification every two years.
Through the CSP-PO course, you’ll interact with a team of product owners and a Certified Scrum Trainer as you tackle the Scrum Alliance’s CSP-PO Learning Objectives, which include:
- Building Product Owner Core Competencies
- Implementing Purpose And Strategy
- Advancing Interactions With Customers And Users
- Validating Complex Product Assumptions
- Advancing Product Backlog Management
- Build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced implementation skills
- Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace
- Stand out in your industry as a member of the Scrum Alliance globally-recognized community
- Show advanced value to your employer (or potential employer) as a highly trained Agile professional