COBIT® 5 Foundation and Implementation IT Governance Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers instructor-led COBIT® 5 Foundation and Implementation IT Governance training through a partnership with a certified COBIT® trainer. The training can take place at our location in Farmington Hills, 20 miles outside of Detroit, onsite at your office anywhere throughout the United States, or if you prefer, instructor led live online.
COBIT® 5 builds and expands on COBIT® 4.1 by integrating other major frameworks, standards and resources, including ISACA’s Val IT and Risk IT, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) and related standards from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). COBIT® 5 helps enterprises of all sizes:
- Maintain high-quality information to support business decisions
- Achieve strategic goals and realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT
- Achieve operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology
- Maintain IT-related risk at an acceptable level
- Optimize the cost of IT services and technology
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies
COBIT® is internationally recognized as the “go to” solution for the IT Governance and Control Framework, with aspects in security, quality and compliance. At Interface Technical Training, students gain the advantage of learning from Mark Thomas who has earned certification from ISACA®, which developed the COBIT® framework. Our instructor is one of a very select few COBIT®-certified trainers in the U.S. and brings real-world experience of deploying COBIT® in live situations.
COBIT® is a trademark of ISACA® registered in the United States and other countries
For complete COBIT® information or to request a class date contact Michigan Technology Services. 248-489-0408
Who Should Attend
This course is valuable for: Business Management, IT /IS Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners, Consultants, IT/IS Management, Anyone wishing to achieve the COBIT® 5 Foundation Certification. This course is also useful for those who want to gain knowledge of the scope and structure of COBIT® 5 or want to improve IT Governance in their or their clients' organizations.
There are no mandatory prerequisites; however, work experience in governance, process improvement or IT services is recommended.
At the end of this 3 day course, the student will gain competencies in:
- The major drivers for the development of COBIT® 5
- The business benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT 5 Product Architecture
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT® 5 ENABLES IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise
- How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers
- The basic concepts for the Implementation of COBIT® 5
- The basic concepts of the new Process Assessment Model
- The COBIT® 5 guides and how they interrelate
Detailed Course Outline
- The business case for COBIT® 5
- The key differences between COBIT® 4.1 and COBIT® 5
- Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- Covering the Enterprise End to End
- Applying a Single Integrated Framework
- Enabling a Holistic Approach
- Separating Governance From Management
- Principles, Policies, and Frameworks
- Organizational Structures
- Culture, Ethics and Behavior
- Services, Infrastructure, and Applications
- People, Skills, and Competencies
- What are the Drivers?
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- What needs to be done?
- How do we get there?
- Did we get there?
- How do we keep the momentum going?
- Essential elements of the model
- Differences between the COBIT® 4.1 Maturity Model and the COBIT® 5 Process Capability Model
- Performing a capability assessment