Leading the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers instructor-led Leading SAFe training, as well as other SAFe Agile and Scrum courses, through partnerships with Scaled Agile Gold SPCT Partner, AgileSparks, and Silver Partner, Skillbook.
In a pre-Covid world our SAFe training would take place at our location in the Farmington Hills/Novi area, 20 miles outside of Detroit, or at your location anywhere around the world. Our Agile workshops and Agile coaching sessions are now offered online/virtually, reducing your need to travel.
While many agile trainers fly into metro Detroit to deliver Scrum and Agile classes at a hotel, like an SPC workshop, and then leave, we live here and support the local Agile community. We continue to sponsor regional Agile conferences and meetups. We have successfully run Agile and Certified ScrumMaster courses for multiple teams in the Great Lakes area.
What is SAFe training?
Agile has become mainstream and is being adopted in a number of technological departments. Many practitioners, however, are challenged when trying to scale Agile principles in an enterprise.
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) was developed for scaling Agile Principles and tools to enterprise organizations. It provides a coherent process tying together the team, program and portfolio levels. During this two-day Leading SAFe course you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise. You will learn about the underlying principles of SAFe derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps.
This workshop is for you:
- If you want to understand how to help your organization adopt the Agile mindset and practices beyond the team level.
- If you want to understand what an Agile implementation with SAFe looks and feels like.
- If you’ve always thought Agile sounds wonderful but would never fit your enterprise.
- If you want to understand how to consistently achieve quick response time and reduced delivery times.
- …and if you want to take an active role in helping your organization transition to Agile in scale.
You will explore the five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise. You will also learn and practice skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events as well as coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
Our trainers have extensive agile, Kanban and Scrum experience. Yuval has the SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT) certification – the highest level of certification provided by Scaled Agile. It is for individuals who demonstrate superior knowledge, competency, and in-depth field experience in adopting Agile across an enterprise with the Scaled Agile Framework. Harry is rated among the top 2% trainers as per feedback received by Scaled Agile, provider of SAFe.
Additional Benefits of taking our Leading SAFe course
Participants are eligible for 16 Education Hours for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner application, 16 PMI PDUs (Professional Development Units).
Our Leading SAFe worshops are from 9am – 5pm EST. Our next available dates are:
Saturday and Sunday, September 18 and 19
Wednesday and Thursday, September 29 and 30
Saturday and Sunday, October 2 and 3
The regular course fee is $995/student. Early enrollment, at least 2 days prior to each workshop, is $595/student. The SAFE Agilist exam is included in the course fee.
Want a class in Michigan?
Private classes for groups are available. Call 248-489-0408 for details.
For additional Leading SAFe Training – SAFe Agilist class information or to request a class date contact Michigan Technology Services. 248-489-0408
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. The following prerequisites, however, are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam.
- Experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum or Kanban
Who should attend this workshop?
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects