Project Management Professional Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers many instructor-led Project Management courses. This Project Management Professional training can take place at our location in Farmington Hills, 20 miles outside of Detroit, where you will sit in a room with one of our instructors, onsite at your office anywhere throughout the United States, or if you prefer, instructor led live online.
About this Course
This course provides the foundation and structure to learn the fundamentals of project management and prepare for the Project Management Professional Certification (PMP®) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) and is based on The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK) Sixth Edition. Highly participative with concepts, real-world applications, hands-on exercises and a case study. Each lesson is sequenced to follow a project life cycle. Students work together in teams to complete exercises and demonstrate their thorough understanding of basic concepts.
Our PMP™ Certification Course is compliant with the PMP™ Exam Update. Course content and delivery are consistent with the 35 hours required for PMP exam application. Join us for a recognized, world class, Project Management education!
The workshop is intended for project managers, project leads, subject matter experts, team members, business analysts, technical specialists and others interested in the PMP credential, no matter where they are in the process.
- For those who are just starting out, it offers study guidelines, a framework for understanding how the exam is organized, and help in making plans to prepare for the PMP® exam.
- Those in the middle of preparation will find guidance on program management issues and explanations of topics often tested on the exam.
- If participants need that last push before taking the exam, this course provides exam tips and a good reference for key terms and topics that others have found difficult.
At Course Completion
You will learn the skills necessary to lead project teams and achieve successful project results. The PMP Credential recognizes the competence of an individual to perform in the role of a project manager, specifically experienced in leading and directing projects.
Each student will receive:
- A copy of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)-Sixth Edition
- The Agile Practice Guide®
- PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep Digital Courseware via the pmi.org integrated PMI® Choice Platform that includes a mapping of course content to the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Examination Content Outline
- Supplemental material
- Access to:
- Over 1,000 example exam questions
- Online exercises
- Online training video
The next instructor led PMP class will take place in February 14-25, 2022. 8:30 – 12:30 over ten days. March 21-25, 2022 10:30 – 6:30 over five days. This PMP class covers the PMBOK 6th edition.
For complete Project Management course outlines and pricing information on other Project Management classes or to request a class date contact Michigan Technology Services. 248-489-0408
Some project management experience either as a team participant or as a project manager; exposure to Microsoft Project or equivalent knowledge.
Certification eligibility: PMP®
- Category I Candidate: University Degree, 4,500 hours of PM experience, 3 years documented experience within 8 years.
- Category II Candidate: No university degree required, 7,500 documented hours of PM experience during 8 years.
Certification eligibility: CAPM®
- High school diploma or equivalent. 1,500 hours of work on a project team or 23 hours of formal education.