SAFe Product Owner Product Manager (POPM) Training with Michigan Technology Services
Michigan Technology Services offers instructor-led SAFe Product Owner Product Manager training, as well as other Agile and Scrum courses, through partnerships with Scaled Agile Gold SPCT Partner, AgileSparks, and Silver Partner, Skillbook.
In a pre-Covid world our SAFe training would take place at our location in the Farmington Hills/Novi area, 20 miles outside of Detroit, or at your location anywhere around the world. Our Agile workshops and Agile coaching sessions are now offered online/virtually, reducing your need to travel.
While many agile trainers fly into metro Detroit to deliver Scrum and Agile classes at a hotel, like SAFe Product Owner workshops, and then leave, we live here and support the local Agile community. We continue to sponsor regional Agile conferences and meetups. We have successfully run Agile and ScrumMaster courses for multiple teams in the Great Lakes area.
What is SAFe Product Owner Product Manager training?
Agile has become mainstream and is being adopted in the majority of technological departments. Many practitioners, however, are challenged when trying to scale Agile principles in an enterprise.
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) was developed for scaling Agile Principles and tools to enterprise organizations. It provides a coherent process tying together the team, program and portfolio levels.
During this two-day POPM course you will develop the skill sets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and program. Attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to perform their role effectively.
You will also learn how to apply lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, you will learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager.
Our trainers have extensive agile, Kanban and Scrum experience. Yuval has the SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT) certification – the highest level of certification provided by Scaled Agile. It is for individuals who demonstrate superior knowledge, competency, and in-depth field experience in adopting Agile across an enterprise with the Scaled Agile Framework. Harry is rated among the top 2% trainers as per feedback received by Scaled Agile, provider of SAFe.
Additional Benefits of taking our SAFe POPM course
Participants are eligible for 16 Education Hours for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner application, 16 PMI PDUs (Professional Development Units).
Our SAFe Product Owner workshops are from 9am – 5pm EST. Our next available dates are:
Thursday and Friday, March 23 and 24
Monday and Tuesday, April 3 and 4
Saturday and Sunday, April 8 and 9
Thursday and Friday, April 13 and 14
Saturday and Sunday, April 29 and 30
Monday and Tuesday, May 1 and 2
Thursday and Friday, May 4 and 5
Thursday and Friday, May 11 and 12
Saturday and Sunday, May 13 and 14
Monday and Tuesday, May 29 and 30
Saturday and Sunday, June 3 and 4
Thursday and Friday, June 8 and 9
Saturday and Sunday, June 10 and 11
Thursday and Friday, June 15 and 16
Monday and Tuesday, June 26 and 27
The regular course fee is $995/student. Early enrollment, at least 2 days prior to each workshop, is $650/student. The SAFE PO exam is included in the course fee.
Enroll in one of our SAFe Product Owner workshops by filling out the following enrollment form.
Want a class before the dates listed above? Don’t see dates you need? Want a class in Michigan? We can help.
Private classes for groups are available upon request. Call 248-489-0408 for details.
- To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
Who should attend this workshop?
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications